Skip to main content

Doceri - Interactive Whiteboard App

Recently, I've been searching for an app that teachers can use to remotely activate their computers and interactive whiteboard.  I am happy to announce that I absolutely love the Doceri app for the iPad.  You have to download Doceri to the the iPad (free download) and also to your computer (free 30 day trial and a $30 one time fee after that). Your computer needs to be connected to a wifi network (go to www.doceri.com for more information).

With Doceri for the iPad, you not only can remotely activate the programs on your computer through your iPad, but Doceri also has their own interactive whiteboard interface for you to draw on.  So, you can use it even if you don't have an interactive whiteboard.  Just connect your computer to a projector and project it onto a screen or blank wall.

Also, you can record everything you do.  Your voice is also recorded into your presentation.  After you're done recording, you can upload it to YouTube so students can access it to review.   You can set up your own YouTube channel so that students with the YouTube link are the only ones able to access your videos.

The only downside is that there isn't an Android app available yet.  But, hopefully soon there will be because more and more tablets are Android enabled.


Comments

  1. I found it when I was looking for a different sort of information but I am very interested in the article, It is nice to read such kind of good posts I like your work keep it up!
    smartkapp store

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Micro:bits for 7th graders

We were very fortunate to have received micro:bits from the Economic Development Council of St. Charles County for our 7th grade Project Lead the Way course (Design and Modeling).  Our students shined in their coding of the micro:bit and tried to create a game or device that would be good for a student with cerebral palsy (which is what they have been learning about in their PLTW course).  Students made light boxes, rock paper scissors bracelets, music devices, reaction time devices, and more! If you haven't heard of micro:bits, let me tell you a "bit" about them.  They are small programmable devices that have an LED screen with buttons on one side that can be programmed.  Other small devices can be attached via alligator clips and programmed as well.  For more information about micro:bits go to their website:   https://support.microbit.org/support/solutions/articles/19000013983-what-is-a-micro-bit- Using the programs already on the micro:bit website or...

Money Match Game

After much practice on counting change, many of my math students still weren't getting it.  I noticed the Money Match Game on Teachers Pay Teachers (free download).  So, I downloaded it and made enough copies for each one of my students.  I cut them and placed them in quart sized ziplocks for each student.  In Missouri, we not only teach pennies, nickels, and dimes in first grade, but we also teach quarters and half dollars.  So, inspired by Jen's Money Match game ( http://www.frogtasticfirstgraders.blogspot.com/search/label/money ), I created more Money Match Cards that included amounts using quarters and half dollars.  It also includes instructions to parents on our Touch Math System that we use in class so the parents can help them at home. Just click on either picture to view the money match cards and instructions full size.  You can download them for free for use with your own students during math game time, small group instruction, or take-h...